Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2008

RAEvN's Nest Art Retreat

Another new retreat this year is RAEvN's Nest in Cedarburg, Wisconsin, hosted by Kim Rae Nugent. This retreat will be held October 16-19 and the sign-ups begin on March 1st although to get the classes of your choice guaranteed you should have your registration postmarked on that day. I am teaching three classes; encaustic collage (samples above), the Artful Journal, and a business class for those of you ready to take flight and sell your work.

The town of Cedarburg is old and lovely; we will be staying at the historic Washington House and the Stagecoach Inn. I have a friend with close ties to this town and she speaks of it with great affection. She says it is lovely, with an old-world gentleness. Never having been to Wisconsin, but hearing such glowing things about the area from my friend, I jumped at the opportunity to travel here to teach.

Of course I've said many times how much I love teaching the journaling class. My journal is the engine that drives all my dreams in life. To live consciously, kindly, with a mission to help others who aspire to living a life of joy. Right livelihood, clear relationships, choosing a path of wisdom. Making visible what lies within the heart. It is so healthful to express our dreams and to make them manifest in a work of art.

Over many years I've gained useful business experience. I'm taking a workshop on grant writing in March so that I can add that to my business class. I want to be able to help others have a life of making art if that is what they are set on doing. Although I have never applied for a grant myself that is one way artists finance their work. We'll talk!!

Regular programming to resume in the next post. It is also Art Unraveled sign-up time for Phoenix in August but that is an established retreat that you probably already know about. If not, there is a link up there to the right where you can read about the classes I'm teaching there. And I have more exciting news brewing here too. I'll be working on that today. Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

kelly rae said...

girlfriend, you are all over the teaching circuit! loving it and your students are going to love you to pieces with all they learn from that big, talented, vibrant heart of yours.
xo

Anonymous said...

Is there any way to get a copy of your art journal mixed media booklet? Just looking at the cover makes my mouth water! Ellen Specht (floweress@aol.com)

Ro Bruhn said...

Ah Judy, more wonderful classes, I absolutely adore the two paintings for your first class, they really have the wow factor. Your journal class looks fabulous too.
Ro
xo

Deb Silva said...

The encaustic collage is fabulous~ the colors are so brilliant!
I soooooo want to try this~
oxooo
deb

Karen Cole said...

I SO need one of your journaling classes. I am tight as a drum in the journaling department.

Hopefully some of your exciting news will be that you are doing a journaling class in Philadelphia ;-)

I love your butterfly woman.

Rhomany said...

That journal booklet is making me drool too. But as always, wrong side of 'the pond' :(
Love the painting on the right

judy coates perez said...

that retreat looks wonderful, I looked at the link when you posted about it last month and was wishing I could go. If only I didn't have the IQF show in houston a week later followed by the greater Chicago Quilt Expo and SOFA the next weekend. too much good stuff in the fall!

Ricë said...

oh. my. i love this:

Of course I've said many times how much I love teaching the journaling class. My journal is the engine that drives all my dreams in life. To live consciously, kindly, with a mission to help others who aspire to living a life of joy. Right livelihood, clear relationships, choosing a path of wisdom. Making visible what lies within the heart. It is so healthful to express our dreams and to make them manifest in a work of art.

thank you so much.